Raw Press is a London-based health and wellbeing brand, boasting a range of organic cold-pressed juices, snacks and breakfast cereals. Our legacy is as a cold-pressed juice cafe chain, and we have a store in Chelsea.
We are entering a new phase in our growth story, with a focus on marketing our tasty tasty products to other retailers, spreading the word that ‘healthy doesn’t have to be hard’! All of our products are plant-based, nutritionally considered and refined sugar free.
Having worked through a first iteration of our key wholesale products over the last year or two, namely our 'Pronut' protein bars, functional granolas and kale chips, we are in the process of outsourcing contract manufacture and scaling up. We have some small flagship clients, distributor relationships and some interest from larger retailers, however we are essentially at the start of our wholesale journey.
We are therefore now making our first hires in building out our sales effort. It is an exciting time and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor in this high-growth company.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter to head up this wholesale division to initially manage wholesale sales, supply chain, and customer accounts, and if this progresses well, we will be able to support this effort with subsequent hires.
The successful hire will have knowledge and expertise on how to open new retailer and distributor accounts, whilst maintaining and growing existing relationships, preferably with an existing book of contacts. They should have an entrepreneurial spirit, able to problem-solve and multi-task, as the role will involve managing the wholesale journey all the way from the manufacturer through to client invoicing.
The number one focus is sales, however responsibilities will initially include:
- finding and managing relationships with contract manufacturers and distributors. Most of these are already established.
- trouble-shooting product manufacturing issues.
- co-ordinating logistics between manufacturers, distributors and end clients, including arranging for orders to be sent.
- building out and maintaining a database of retail contacts. We have done some work already towards this.
- prospecting and contacting new clients. This will initially be primarily to independent retailers, but the intention is to build this out to national and international food retail, leisure and food service clients.
- liaising with our store and logistics partners to send out samples to buyers, and then following-up on samples.
- account management, which may include at the start some invoicing, although the intention would be to hire into this area as soon as required.
- co-ordinating trade shows and maintaining a close relationship with our marketing function.
- Proven ability in sales skills and entrepreneurship is required. Direct FMCG experience isn’t absolutely necessary, but recommended.
- If you happen to have come across our products and have an undying love for Raw Press that is also worth extra marks.
- A driving license would be a big plus (to visit key clients and suppliers), and foreign languages could be useful, although is by no means a pre-requisite.
- Should either be based in London, or happy to travel regularly to London in order to meet with clients and Raw Press management.
Base salary on application, dependent on experience. Performance-led commission will be a component of total pay.
Open to hiring on either a full-time or contract basis. Please stipulate your preference.
Please send CV and cover letter. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.