KBE Drinks were established in the UK 30 years ago focussing on the European development of India’s No1 beer brand Kingfisher. Since 2016, our product portfolio has enjoyed a period of rapid expansion and now represents brands from all over the world, the majority of which are part or fully owned by leading global brewers.
Our corporate mission is to promote a differentiated, authentic portfolio of leading world beers and ciders to delight and refresh consumers.
This is a new high-profile position in Scotland reporting to the Casual Dining Sales Controller with a core focus on new business development in the casual dining sector whilst account managing and retaining of existing Indian restaurant customer base.
Nature & Scope:
KBE’s portfolio of world lagers is perfectly matched to different international cuisines and there is a significant opportunity to drive new distribution across casual dining regional multiples and independent operators.
We are looking for a BDE to drive commercial success, customer relationships, marketing partnerships and strategic development throughout Scotland’s major cities Glasgow and Edinburgh across the casual/Indian dining sector. The primary cuisine of focus would be the Indian Restaurant sector with the balance of time and objectives within the following:
• Elite Indian (50%+ of focus)
• Target new business opportunities across casual dining independent/small multiple operators, manage and retain relationship with existing high-profile Indian restaurants.
• Negotiate effectively with customers to ensure optimum profile and return (new listings, customer activation, promotional support).
• Report into and liaise on a regular basis with the Sales Controller.
• KPIs focused on distribution, volume and brand building opportunities.
• Effective networking and regularly meet with route to market partners to unlock opportunities.
• Vibrant, flexible and proactive work environment.
• True ability to manage and develop relationships within casual/Indian dining sector.
• The successful candidate will be expected to work 2-3 evenings per week.
• Strong understanding of the alcoholic drink’s category/trends particularly BWS
• Track record of delivering distribution, volume and profit growth.
• Ability to develop strong network within internal and external customers
• Self-motivated with the desire to delivery and win
• Excellent verbal communication and influencing skills.
• Hands on team member who works with pace and urgency
Relationships & Interfaces:
• External = existing and future customers, wholesaler contacts, and ethnic suppliers.
• Internal = marketing, sales operations team, finance, senior stakeholders
• Heavy focus on new business within casual dining sector
• Managing existing business and driving brands ROS across casual dining and Indian dining.
Experience & Qualifications:
• The individual must be able to offer:
• Sales experience within On Trade Drinks/FMCG sector
• PC literacy including PowerPoint, PDF and Excel
• Educated to degree level (desired) / A-Level essential
• Strong negotiation, organisation and influencing skills to drive commercial success.
• Self-motivated/ Desire to deliver results / Energise others
Company Car allocated
Annual Bonus up to a maximum of 20%
Group Income Protection Policy
Home Based- Location in Glasgow/Edinburgh essential