Key Account Manager- (OOH & Wholesale)- Consumer Non-Food Business
4 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a Global leader within the consumable electronics market; many of their products are quite literally ground-breaking and have enhanced the lives of the consumers who use them. Offering some of the most recognisable Brands within the market they are at the forefront of strong double digit growth within the categories which they operate.
The UK business unit is well established but is experiencing High Growth; as a result the cultural and business DNA is an exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning but with huge dominance of Entrepreneurial Flair at all levels. This is where you could be make the difference, as in order to drive the market further they are now seeking to appoint a KAM to champion some of their highest growth customers.
As the KAM you will take full P&L accountability alongside the development of medium and long-term strategic growth plans in order to deliver net profit and gross Sales targets. For 2019/2020 fiscal year this equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business, hence the role is a highly challenging one. You will also act as the Business Lead in an effort to take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with digital range management and online merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
Principal Accountabilities will be:
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions.
- Where required- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports Central/European brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
Due to the growth & new business challenges within this role you will be:
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Account Planning Process – You will own the budget process for the Account Portfolio Forecasting – driving the internal forecast for each line – using account history, account input and insight.
- Apply Commercial Management principals to influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- As a Key Team member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business. Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Group expectations are to achieve over 100% Growth in certain categories over the next 1-3 Years.
The ideal candidate will have some level of Consumer Distribution Sales & Consumer B2B Sales. This could be across Consumer Electrical, Consumer Staples or Consumer Goods.
However we also open to candidates from the following-
- Selling into the Wholesaler Channel
- Regional/Independent Accounts
- FMCG OOH/Foodservice Channel (Push Pull Experience)
- Supportive Role within National Accounts (NAE or KAM Level)
Candidates must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly “numbers/data” focused its processes and internal communications. Of course being a leading UK Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.
Apply for Key Account Manager- (OOH & Wholesale)- Consumer Non-Food Business
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly