Retail Key Account Manager
My client is one of Europe’s leading independent manufacturer of sealants, construction foams and adhesives. Their products are used in three principal market segments: construction, industry and DIY/hardware and are sold in more than 130 countries in all continents.
The company are recruiting an experienced Retail Key Account Manager to manage a portfolio of accounts including B&Q, Screwfix, Toolstation and Topps Tiles. You will be responsible for around £7m worth of turnover.
Must have minimum 5 years’ experience of managing large DIY National Accounts. The role is home based with 2 - 3 days a week in the office in Staffordshire.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with both new and existing Key Retail customers.
• Account management and maximising revenue from Key Retail accounts.
• Winning and developing new business.
• Develop and implement short, mid and long-term sales strategy.
• To meet and exceed agreed sales targets for allocated business.
• Keep the business informed of up-to-date account, channel and competitor developments.
• A customer focused professional able to develop strong business relationships, well organised, goal driven with good presentation and listening skills.
• Experience working in a Merchant/Retail sales environment.
• Ideally Key Retail account management experience selling to national merchants, major multiples and wholesalers, including handling of tenders, e-auctions, range reviews.
• Excellent communication skills.
• IT proficient: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, QlikView, CRM, SAP, etc.
• Strong numerical ability.
• A proven track record of working autonomously whilst making a strong contribution to a team.
• Experience in selling sealants, adhesives and PU foam is preferred but not essential as training is provided.