Senior Development Technologist
- Presenting new products and upgrades to key stakeholders and the customer in a professional manner demonstrating in confidence your food knowledge and expertise.
- Benchmarking of products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage and contribute to Blue Sky Innovation within the team to maximise competitor advantage.
- Briefing new, revised and repeat material requirements to the NPD buyers and packaging innovation team to ensure the correct resources are available for product development and factory trials
- Accurately prepare all necessary documentation to progress from concept to process handovers.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and attend trials for new raw materials to ensure that they are of a repeatable and sustainable quality.
Are you passionate about food and keen to broaden your development knowledge within the Food to Go categories?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced food manufacturer.
Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites within the UK we supply all of the food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Within our site at Manton Wood we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues and produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
A little about our NPD team:
Providing over 700 million sandwiches a year across 7 sites , our NPD Teams are a key part of making this operation successful.
The NPD team help our customers be market leaders across multiple categories through our passion for food and drive across innovation.
The team are involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market - from initial concept and bringing them right through to life on shelf, in store.
- To be currently operating as a Senior Development Technologist within the Food Manufacturing Industry or a Technologist looking for a step up into a role with more responsibility.
- A hold a degree in Food Science and Nutrition or have a similar related
- Good food knowledge and passion for food
- Keen eye for detail , along with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal team
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company