PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Here at PepsiCo we are on the look-out for a Category Lead to join our Category and Insights team and support one of our biggest customers.
Our Category and Insights team is a core part of our sales function, encompassing category management, shopper insight and sales strategy experts. The team work in partnership with our trading, brand and commercial functions to ensure our customers' and shoppers' needs are at the absolute heart of all our business planning. The team are committed to keeping our eyes firmly on the long term agenda and understanding what it will take to drive real base sustainable growth in our categories and for our customers.
We work in partnership with our colleagues and our customers to find out what's happening and, more importantly, what to do about it. We really value the trusted category advisor relationships that we have with the UK's biggest and best retailers and distributors and are dedicated to understanding their priorities and agendas to build shared plans for growth.
As a Category Lead at PepsiCo, you'll be tasked with providing customer, category and shopper insight to support and build category relationships with one of our largest customers. You will support the commercialisation of our PepsiCo UK brands and innovation and will have significant interaction with External Customers, Internal Sales team and the business.
Specifically you will:
* Provide insights, analysis, and customer specific recommendations to support Annual Planning and Internal Category Reviews
* Help drive the Joint Business Planning process with key customers while developing advisory initiatives for specific categories
* Collaborate with cross functional team (Sales, Insights, Shopper Marketing, Space Optimization) to create customized solutions that ensure delivery of relevant innovation and key initiatives
* Build and maintain long-term relationships with the customer buying teams and proactively present category & marketplace insights
* Provide customer/channel expertise and leadership to drive development of appropriate category plans within business unit
* Conduct deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics, including demand based clustering
* Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions
* Prior category management experience
* Experience of range and space management
* Experience of working in a customer/client-facing role
* Commercial acumen and knowledge of the UK FMCG market (Grocery experience preferable but not essential)
* Ability to build and maintain lasting internal and external relationships