Social Media & Community Manager
Snaffling Pig is on the hunt for a Community Manager.
In 2015, with £500, we started Snaffling Pig, a premium food and drink brand fuelled by a passion for making flavoured pork crackling.
That belief morphed into an obsession – to the point that after we launched a range of Great Taste Award-winning, in our opinion, frankly awesome flavoured pork crackling along came whopping great big advent calendars, beers, ciders, sauces, a cookbook and a wide range of gifts, straight from the porky gods themselves. We now have our sights set on the £3.2 billion pork market with our range of gammon steaks, bacon, sausages, pork joints and chilled snacking.
We sold over 5 million units last year, all distributed by our team of 10 in Yattendon, Berkshire.
In 2016 we appeared on Dragons' Den gaining investment from Nick Jenkins, founder of Moonpig and in 2017 we were awarded Virgin Foodpreneur, managing to high-five Richard Branson himself.
In 2019 we starting crowdfunding. As we write this frankly EPIC job role we are the 3rd most popular food brand to have crowdfunded, with over 1,100 investors. This group of awesome individuals will be called our SWINE DINING CLUB.
What’s a Community Manager?
Snaffling Pig may sell pork snacks. But we are more than that. Our goal in life is to get people talking. We know when food or drink is involved, conversation flows and people loosen up. We create indulgent products that encourage conversation and lighten the mood. We know we’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s ok as long as it gets you talking. In a world where every other brand appears to be vegan or protein, we are a cheeky, meaty, indulgence. Instead of appealing to the physical well-being of our consumers we focus on their mental well-being. We give our customers a chance to enjoy life and be normal. We don’t follow the herd, we’re authentic and we enjoy being in the skin we’re in.
We need an awesome individual to bring the above to life, to communicate this message in exciting ways and tell the UK we exist, to nurture our SWINE DINING CLUB and run the social media for our entire brand. The responsibilities will include:
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with our 5 marketing strategic pillars.
- Providing engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts. This is not about doing more of what we have done in the past. This is about building on that and creating exciting new content that fits in with our brand purpose.
- Responding to social media comments and customer queries faster than the speed of a thousand gazelles.
- Organise and run events for our SWINE DINING CLUB, building a network of brand ambassadors and engaged, loyal customers. These events will be both free and income generating.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Coordinate with our creative and PR teams to ensure brand consistency and messaging.
- Work closely with our CEO on implementing the marketing strategy and supporting the sales team with growing sales in the on-trade, grocery and gifting channels.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, influencers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends.
We are looking for a qualified community manager to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we want to piggin’ meet you.
Our ideal person has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. You need to be a great project manager and ensure all the events we run are the best they can be with limited budgets.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Proven work experience as a community manager.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills and spotting our CEO’s numerous spelling mistakes.
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- Embraces a pun.
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Lives and breathes our 2 very strict values: Do Great Things. Have Some Fun.
- BSc degree in marketing or relevant field.
If this sounds like you, don’t send in a standard cv, that’s lame. That’s what a certain competitor would ask for. Think BIG, THINK PIG. Send that to email@example.com