- Presenting new products and upgrades to key stakeholders and the customer in a professional manner demonstrating in confidence your food knowledge and expertise.
- Taking a creative approach to designing structural packaging concepts for product and transit.
- Briefing new, revised and repeat material requirements to the NPD buyers and packaging innovation team to ensure the correct resources are available for product development and factory trials
- Managing costings throughout project delivery and implementation
- Building relationships with key packaging suppliers utilised across the Sourcing network in order to establish and generate essential data requirements to support legislation and specification building.
- Creating standardisation across packaging formats that creates uniformity and drives commercial efficiency.
- Leading or consult on factory trials, reviewing the operational output to refining design as necessary and ensure that packaging is fit for purpose whilst considering efficiently implications
Are you passionate about food and keen to broaden your development knowledge within the Food to Go categories?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced food manufacturer.
Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 sites within the UK we supply all of the food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
From our site in Northampton we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues and are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Packaging are a crucial point of contact between the development teams and the factory ensuring that our creations are feasible for large scale manufacturing
- Experience of managing & delivering cost optimisation/value engineering programmes.
- Experience across a number of packaging materials and processes.
- Technical ability to take concepts through development & specification, creating briefs to send to manufacture.
- Understanding of materials and how to utilise these to value engineer packaging formats.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost of printing, packaging materials and production and engineer the packaging to meet a cost price.
- Keen eye for detail , along with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and internal team
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.