innocent started with a simple mission: to make drinks that make it easy to do yourself some good. In 1999 we concocted a few smoothies in our kitchen and tested them on people at a music festival; today we’re blending every type of fruit & veg under the sun and selling drinks right across Europe. We have great ambitions: to show the world that you can build a successful business that cares about more than just profit, and to leave things better than we find them. We’re proud to call ourselves Europe’s favourite little healthy drinks company, but we’re still growing. And that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition, to join in with the next, most exciting, part of our story.
what you'll be doing
Hello there, the category team need you… we are looking for someone special who can turn all our lovely category & shopper data into actionable insight with our retailers. If you get a buzz from finding that elusive nugget of data that unlocks growth opportunities for both us & our retailers, this could be the role for you.
At innocent we’re really passionate about putting our drinkers at the heart of our business, and the category teams plays a crucial role in achieving this so we’re laser focused on delivering great insight through forward thinking category projects and exciting shopper insight work. Our retailers also value our skill and expertise and have voted us the #1 Category team in the Advantage Group Survey for four years in a row.
This is a great developmental opportunity with responsibility for driving the category agenda with one of our top Grocers. We’re looking for a category expert who is as comfortable getting stuck into detailed data analysis, as they are stepping back to see the big picture and working out what needs to be done to unlock future growth. You’ll be an expert in market data and understanding performance drivers, combining this knowledge with our category vision, in order to recommend to retailers what they should do with range, fixture, price and promotions to unlock future growth. You’ll also need to be a strong communicator with great impact and influencing skills, and a proven track record of building trusted, collaborative relationships with retailers.
You’ll play a key role in communicating the category vision throughout the business, as well as championing category development in one of our key product markets; working closely with people from across different teams to help shape the internal agenda in order to enable the business to make decisions grounded in category and shopper insight.
- Experience in a customer facing role within FMCG environment or at an agency looking to move client side
- Excellent communication skills and in particular presentation skills
- Experience of working with data/analysis and ideally have experience of Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, Dunnhumby or Aimia
- Experienced in using Excel & PowerPoint software
- A good understanding of the grocery retail environment/marketplace
- Be outcome focused, results driven
- Happy to roll sleeves up & get stuck in
It will also tip the scales in your favour if you have experience in category management or strategy and knowledge of the soft drinks, dairy or food to go market
- The chance to work in a high performing team who retailers have voted as their #1 team for four years in a row now
- The opportunity to make a real impact both externally with our customers and internally championing the category within cross functional teams
- To be involved in shaping insight projects to deepen our knowledge of the category, our retailers and our shoppers & drinkers.
- To work with the category team to shape our five year category strategy
- To work with cross-functional teams to deliver bespoke activation plans for your retailer that drive category growth
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
No agencies please.