Key Account Manager
The company is a UK manufacturer of consumer products based in Coventry. Privately owned and established in 1978 the company supplies major UK retailers across storage, garden, food storage and housewares categories. This role will report to the Sales Controller.
My client is looking for an additional Key Account Manager to boost an already successful team and help drive the growing business forward.
This key role will involve selling a range of own label and branded homewares/garden products via a very diverse customer base across the grocery, diy, homewares and garden sectors.
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing and developing the existing account base as well as pro-actively identifying and opening new key accounts, working closely with customers to forge strong long term relationships, presenting new products and ideas, conducting range reviews and identifying growth opportunities.
There is an established account base that will need further development but this is a role that will need the candidate to have the skills and drive to bring new business in a competitive and fast moving environment.
Successful applicants will need to have a recent track record in selling homewares, garden products, or similar into key accounts.
- Recent experience in selling homewares garden products or similar into key retailers.
- Excellent account management skills.
- Proven track record in developing sales with new and existing accounts.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Highly self-motivated.
Key requirements for the role:
- Proficient with all major Microsoft programmes e.g. Word, Powerpoint, Publisher
- Previous experience with Excel is essential.
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Proficient at working with sales data to support sales activity