Are you interested in marketing, category database management? Would you like to gain experience working in retail/grocery environment? Are you looking for a new challenge in the food industry? If so we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our Category Team at one of the leading global food manufacturer and UK's leading herbs, spices and seasonings brand, Schwartz.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Category Manager, the individual will work with agency partners to coordinate workstreams and managing databases and delivering simple analytics to help deliver internal strategic insight for meetings.
You will maintain the central merchandising product data masterfile and provide merchandising recommendation support to the merchandising team and supporting the delivery strategic internal projects, in line with the category strategy.
This is great development opportunity for young graduate as the role gives opportunity to get involved in the key issues of the business and learn the ways of working.
- Market, Category & Shopper reporting.
- Coordination and communication of research briefs with external continuous insight & data providers.
- Timely management of the monthly cycle of new product additions across the measured markets.
- Work with Category Managers to design and develop Planograms across all key retailers, working with Field Sales team.
- Lead the provision of category, market, price and NPD customer scorecard and shopper insight to feed into the Category, Brand and Commercial planning processes.
- Lead & manage external data agencies (e.g. IRI, ACN, Kantar, Dunnhumby, I2C, Mintel, IGD) and facilitate training for the marketing and commercial teams so that they are self-sufficient in extracting data (e.g. IRI, ACN, Kantar, DH, I2C, Mintel, IGD).
- Maintain range review recommendations.
- Degree or equivalent (preferably in Marketing/ Commercial field).
- Experienced in FMCG insight creation and provision (food and beverages area would be a plus).
- Highly analytical and numerate with strong excel skills.
- Able to work collaboratively with Brand Marketing Team and Sales.
- Strong influencing skills with evidence of managing key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic attitude.
- MS Office Applications proficiency.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.