Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £300m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand.
Hovis is looking for a focused and diligent project leader to join our team and take the lead on delivering a comprehensive project management process and plan Hovis is one of the UK’s leading food brands and the best performing major bread brand in 2019. Our ambition is to accelerate our growth. We are looking for a bright, detail oriented, results driven project management expert with a passion for food to join our team and take the lead on a portfolio of sub brands.
The Programme Manager will have the full remit of responsibility of all product related projects - including all brand and private label, lead the business and the team through the execution and governance of the whole programme and the multiple projects.
- To lead, manage, execute and govern the Hovis Way of Project Management, which effectively meets the needs of the business. Routed in best practice from experience gained in other categories and businesses.
- Manage and track all project development. Clear performance measures and KPIs. Fit for purpose within the the Hovis Ltd business
- Supported with a comprehensive culture shift of 100% compliance through the whole business, stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leading compliance and governance of all project and pro-actively ensure all stakeholder input and approval on time to hit the end date of delivery.
- Supported by appropriate process and project meetings with defined stakeholders
- Experienced in translating the granularity of the multiple projects into a clear and communicable dashboard and ability to guide the business through performance and learnings.
- Tangible and observable shift in compliance and governance of the overall programme
- Full training program for all stakeholders and project leads
- KPIs and roles and responsibilities set
- linear reporting from project update to monthly exec meetings
- Learning shared and incorporated into future projects and ways of working
- Regularly update senior management on the progress of key programmes.
- Develop and manage document templates that efficiently and effectively log programme activities, and establish files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented, secured and accessible.
- Manage and develop 2 direct reports: Project Manager and Packaging Development Manager
Essential role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience at selection:
- Track record of implementing successful programme development and management
- Experience of leading process and cultural change within scale businesses.
- Experience of multi-site environments.
- Experience of managing a team and managing project groups.
- Systematic and analytical problem solving skills.
- Proven collaborative and influencing skills in a cross functional environment.
- Evidence of courageous, inventive, driven and straightforward behaviours.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Motivating Cross functional team
- Experienced in commerciality and has a sound financial understanding
- Strong academic background
- University degree attained at 2:1 or above
- Work experience to date – crucial to have significant project management experience
Location: Based in High Wycombe
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU