Shopper Experience Manager
Hovis is looking for a bright, results driven,curious, entrepreneurial commercial individual with a passion for food to join our team and take the lead on delivering a step change in how our shoppers interact with our brand. Hovis is one of the UK’s leading food brands and the best performing major bread brand in 2019. Our ambition is to accelerate our growth within our brands.
The Shopper Experience manager will have the full remit of responsibility to bring all brand ideas, campaigns and NPD/EPD to life throughout the full shopper journey
- Optimise and execute the product and growth ideas and plans generated by the Marketing Director, Marketing Manager and Head of Brand expansion
- Responsibility for execution plans within our full customer base for the short term, in year execution - taking the marketing plan and executing in store
- Understanding the needs of the business (e.g. short term profit and or value/strength of brand) and using this as well as competitor landscape, category landscape and consumer landscape to inform the execution plan.
- Understands retailer specific strategies, is able to support from a marketing perspective.
- Creative problem solving plans to excite the shopper at point of purchase - instore, online and outside of store on their journey to shop.
- Understanding of Consumer & Shopper Insights and how they link to disrupt the shopper
- Experienced in translating understanding of brands into different shopper levers for growth.
- Experienced in budget creation and management.
- Some knowledge and experience in how to execute comms through various channels including ATL and BTL media, PR and experiential, has the marketing skills to launch products and shape plans through to shoppers
- Full accountability for spend and ROI on activities
- Managing a budget, is able to forecast and manage day to day financial activity.
- Understanding of P&L and how can affect different elements of this
Essential l role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience at selection:
- Strategic Penetration
- Uses analytical skills to generate strong consumer driven strategies that deliver focussed, growth driving business outcomes
- Consumer Insight to shopper insights
- Clearly identifies key shopper and customers issues and drives for penetrative consumer understanding and insights that are applied to drive brand growth
- Motivating Agencies and Cross Functional Teams
- Clearly understands what drives & motivates agency and internal teams and constantly strives to build great strong, productive relationships
- Marketing Judgement
- Has a strong understanding of the shopper impact of our brand building ‘output’ by using clearly defined logical criteria balanced with practical instinct to judge the work.
- Uses performance measurement & sound financial management to build the brand. Balances commercial, customer and consumer motivations to deliver outstanding results
- Supports the brand portfolio P&L and will be effective at managing and recommending redirection of funds/effort accordingly to deliver the results.
- Understands the business performance and key drivers, such that they can steer the brand to best satisfy the opportunities as they arise instore and online.
- Excellence in Execution
- Delivers high quality results seen through to world-class completion. Maintains high standards by driving quality, speed & cost management appropriately
- Strong academic background
- University degree attained at 2:1 or above
- Work experience to date –shopper,brand marketing experience, including a UK FMCG environment.
- Exposure to consumer and shopping marketing including a mix of activities such as NPD development and launch,brand planning, campaign development, PR, digital, experiential.
Location: Based in High Wycombe
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU