Trade Marketing Manager
About Mallow & Marsh:
Mallow & Marsh are a marshmallow company dedicated to putting great marshmallows on the map. We’re redefining the meaning of premium confectionery, setting a new standard for innovation and on a mission to make marshmallow as popular as chocolate.
Founded in late 2013 we’re one of the UK’s fastest growing challenger brands. At the forefront of our success is our team of 14 people, so if you’re looking for a fast paced, high performing and fun environment then this opportunity is for you.
The Trade Marketing Manager role is a fantastic opportunity to lead the activation strategy and execution of our trade marketing plans within Mallow & Marsh. Working closely with the sales team, you will have responsibility for ensuring retailer-centricity in the development and execution of all shopper related activity in order to achieve revenue and profit targets.
Reporting to the Brand Manager the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ownership of our strategic vision for shopper marketing (look & feel, growth, engagement)
- Leading the shopper & trade marketing strategy. Co-ordinating and developing the annual channel marketing plans and budgets, ensuring alignment with the overall brand strategy.
- Designing, developing and implementing annual shopper marketing calendars around activation and customer insights. Working closely with the brand and sales teams to align on the retailer agendas.
- Leveraging a strong understanding of shopper analytics matched with category growth drivers to build shopper marketing plans that provide a differentiated edge for retailers and deliver commercial gain for all
- Tracking, measuring and evaluating all major activity in plan, in order to continually improve marketing effectiveness and ROI.
- Leading the Equipment & Display strategy, including the development & execution of visibility toolkits.
- Owning and managing the execution of trade communication via media including trade press, PR and presentations.
- In conjunction with the Head of Marketing and Brand Manager, create and deliver the category plan sell-ins & supporting sell-in tools.
- Tracking, measuring and improving in-store compliance, delivering plans to drive on shelf availability, promotional activation and UROS.
- Lead Mallow & Marsh’s representation at key trade shows and events, increasing our corporate and brand profile and influence with retailers.
- Establish and foster relationships with key customers, through local contacts that build our capability in shopper marketing while providing a point of difference for commercial conversations
- De-mystify the on-line shopper and develop a key understanding of what it takes to delight them in terms of omni-channel programs and eCom exclusive activations (e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc)
- Full Budget responsibilities.
Key performance indicators ‘How will I know I’ve succeeded?’
- Achievement of annual sales, penetration, share and profit objectives.
- Development of annual Shopper & Trade Marketing Plans within budgeted guidelines and delivery against key shopper metrics
- Foster positive internal and external relationships to develop a climate of enthusiasm and optimism for the brand.
- Proven success in shopper, channel or trade marketing in a consumer branded company.
- 2-3 years FMCG Experience ideally in a blue-chip environment, Grocery and OOH channels preferred.
- Customer facing experience where influencing others and organizing your time are critical skills
- Capable of illustrating commercial acumen
- Experience of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Budget management and awareness of the impact of their actions on profit
- Experience of working with customer data from IRI, AC Nielsen, Kantar, Dunhumby etc.
- Demonstrate learning agility & the drive to continue to challenge yourself
- Show us your passion for challenging the status quo and continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to develop shopper & trade marketing strategies which produce step-change business results
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Commercially savvy with an good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Ability to energize and develop people
- Tenacious in your ability to deliver projects on time.
- Able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Align with Mallow & Marsh’s culture and values.