Excellent Salary & Package
Are you interested in an international opportunity, and willing to relocate overseas?
This fresh produce business supplies a wide range of fruit and vegetables to the retail and food service sector throughout Europe, with a focus on the Benelux and Scandinavia regions. Due to a growth rate of 10-15% year on year, the company now have a strategic 5-year plan to rapidly expand and develop further into new markets.
This is a demanding but unique opportunity, for an experienced Purchasing/Buying Manager to relocate to Belgium. This is a senior role managing an already successful team.
To be considered for this role, experience working as a Purchasing Manager in the fresh produce sector and a strong knowledge of fruit products is essential.
This business is leading across Europe in their category, and offer the opportunity to work within a down-to-earth, yet highly successful environment with a strong focus on employee engagement and individual development.
In this senior position, you will be required to:
- Develop strong relationships with existing suppliers, whilst building a network of potential suppliers.
- Focus on growth in the product range including reducing product waste.
- Motivate and coach the purchasing team, ensuring their productivity is at the highest level.
- Ensures year-round availability of the products in its range including creating an annual purchase plan.
- Purchase products from the portfolio account including negotiating purchases with (potential) suppliers on the basis of the established product specifications.
- Identify the needs of the customers on the basis of a forecast and keeps abreast of the market at all times
- Experience at a senior level within purchasing
- A background in fruit buying, working with growers worldwide
- Degree qualified, ideally a Masters degree
- Experience in the leadership of a team
- Experience in strategy formulation & long term planning of a category
- Experience with modern purchasing techniques
- Product knowlegde in fruit
You will be joining the business as a member of the management team, and the company are offering the successful candidate some strong possibilities to progress internally.
Package includes a strong basic salary, company car, pension, healthcare and bonus.
Relocation to Belgium is essential, applicants not willing to relocate will not be considered.
Please contact Lucy Robinson on 0113 205 4970 for more information or to apply.