Business Development Manager - Wholesale
Our client is a leading specialist coffee roaster, and they are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to lead their wholesale and food-service division in London.
This business has been established for over 20 years, and has grown to become a dynamic name in the coffee industry. Reporting into the MD, the Business Development Manager will be looking after the wholesale and food-service business division - leading new business opportunities, and managing a range of national and strategic accounts.
They are seeking a Business Development Manager ideally with experience of either the coffee industry, or other FMCG / food industries, specifically within a branded environment. A passion for coffee is a must for this role!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and winning new national accounts.
- Maximising sales and profit within your department
- Negotiating deals at point of impasse.
- Developing working relationships with corporate clients and service providers.
- Managing the teams within the department.
- Reporting directly to the MD on departmental performance.
You will need to have:
- Experience in a senior level management role within a branded environment is essential.
- Strong leadership skills and abilities to lead a team within the operation.
- Strong budgetary, forecasting and cost control skills and the ability to consistently produce profit expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with internal and external customers in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
You must be able to keep calm under pressure, be confident, organised, maintain a hands on management culture, and have exceptional attention to detail. You will be in charge of your own profit centre, so a keen business outlook is key.
In return the business will offer a generous package of around £40-45k depending on experience, plus a car allowance, as well as bonuses and targets making an all-round very attractive package.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a coffee leader in a key strategic role leading their Wholesale & Food Service division. If you are interested in this position please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.