Head of Commercial - Category Management / Buying Strategy
Ramsden International is a leading speciality wholesale exporter of British grocery brands. Founded by CEO Sean Ramsden in 1995, the organisation turns over c£50m and is growing at an impressive rate, with ambitious plans in place for further global expansion. With a truly international footprint they’ve recently opened offices in Singapore, Dubai, Athens, Sydney, Toronto and Hong Kong.
This is a progressive and ambitious organisation, embarking on an exciting phase of development as it looks to take advantage of the opportunity that exists within international growth markets.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Commercial will have responsibility for setting the Category strategy in line with customer needs, and for implementing the Buying strategy for the business. The role will involve managing a team of 8 individuals across the Category Management, Commercial and Customer Marketing functions, as well as working with external suppliers to identify up and coming trends, assess market competition and determine category prioritisation for the business.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time of change and you’ll be given the opportunity to help us shape our entrepreneurial culture, whilst ensuring that the family values of the company are preserved as the business grows.
The ideal fit:
- The role would suit a strong, commercially minded leader, with extensive Category Management/Buying experience gained in Food / Drink
- Excellent leadership skills – ability to coach, mentor and develop individuals and create high performing teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – credible both internally (e.g. Sales, Category, Finance and IT teams) and externally (e.g. Supplier Management)
- Commercially and logically minded with solid business insight – ability to convert commercial propositions into sales
- Comfortable with dealing with ambiguity – open minded and flexible style when setting and implement strategies
- Experience of using data planning software (e.g. “Nielsen”, “Kanter”)
We are looking to pay a competitive salary to attract the best with a strong benefits package.
If you believe in your ability and wish to develop your career please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chloe Easton for more information on 07891 248 124
All direct and third party applications will be sent to FMCG Executive Network.