Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: SM 88775
Our client are growing food business supplying into major food manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers and restaurants throughout the FMCG sector.
An exciting vacancy within the supply chain team has opened for a Purchasing Manager at their Essex head office, offering a competitive salary and benefits package. The primary objective of this role will be to manage and take full responsibility for the purchasing function and delivering against customer objectives.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for managing the purchasing strategy and activity, ensuring optimal supplier performance
- Ensures purchasing activities reflect diverse requirements and overall business goals, as well as complies with all regulatory standards.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and manage ongoing contractual relationships
- Lead and manage purchasing team ensuring department objectives are met
- Work closely with the commercial department to monitor the market and maximise customer supplier opportunities
- Builds strong senior supplier relationships and encourages a high level of supplier collaboration and delivery
- Support and co-ordinate with Technical department to support cross functional objectives including new product alternatives
- Monitoring and improve supplier performance (delivery, price and quality)
- Ensure optimal stock levels throughout the business and communicate with commercial teams.
Essential skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within a procurement role with food and drink industries
- Exposure to international produce and importing/distribution logistics (UK inbound freight)
- Proven background leading a team and driving procurement department
- Proven background developing and maintaining supplier relationships
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and communicate to business leadership
- Competent working with ERP/MRP systems on a daily basis
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.