Senior National Account Manager OR Account Director
SNAM/ Account Director.
Our client is a global business with a family heritage. The company supplies over 10,000 product lines into independent retailers, wholesale and direct to customer through a strong web presence.
* To manage allocated National Accounts Customers, from product concept and development through to shipment, working cross functionally to ensure all customer commitments are met.
* Build long term partnerships with existing customers by fully exploring and understanding their current and future needs and our capabilities to deliver; Our client should own our categories and be our customers 'preferred' partner.
* To optimise all sales opportunities within existing customer accounts.
* To consistently assess the marketplace and look for new business opportunities in line with departmental strategy, new product areas.
* To develop competitive strategies to increase market share and reach.
To develop effective commercial product ranges, leading the design team on briefing & pricing and having autonomy on range submission. Ensuring we have right range, right time, right price and market-leading service delivery for our customers - this means driving the right product for our customers from end to end.
* To represent the National Accounts customer at all our internal meetings from initial in-house briefing, critical paths through to sampling and sign off.
* To make crucial decisions concerning allocated customer accounts.
* To plan and own all client facing meetings between the customer (even if not in attendance at all) ensuring any impact on commercials is reviewed, discussed and agreed.
* To negotiate any annual/seasonal terms - Rebate Allowance, Marketing Allowance, Returns etc along with overall pricing negotiations with external parties - this includes suppliers and customers alike.
* Foster relationships with key factories, to help understand their costing structure to ensure consistent pricing.
* To provide the management team with updates to the necessary financial tracker documents - this means monthly updates on financial performance against key financial metrics.
* To coach and mentor Account Executives / Account Managers, supporting them through the more challenging account management conversations and driving their development and growth.
* To support Account Executives / Junior Account Managers on revenue stream planning and contract negotiations.
* Develop annual and seasonal business plans for key accounts and over see this process with direct reports, to include Events calendars, Budgets, Resource Planning, Travel Requirements & Highlighting 'Blockers' - to include planning around self and team KPI's.
* To line manage direct reports ensuring use of different management styles pending the situation.
* To manage team budget for own customer accounts/ team costs - Travel Budgets, Expenses, marketing spend etc.
* To work with our internal IT systems ensuring records are kept up to date
- FMCG Experience
- SNAM experience
- Competative package
- Man management