Area Business Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
Position: Area Business Manager
Based: Scotland, UK
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of flavour to life and makes every meal and moment to remember?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced field-based Area Business Manager to lead our team within the grocery sector in Scotland. If you have managed large field-based teams within FMCG directly for a brand owner or field marketing agency we want to here from you.
- To be responsible for the Schwartz brand execution within your geography and ensure that stores are aligned to the plan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with account store management.
- Optimise resource to fulfil customer call frequency.
- To deliver fixture compliance and expand secondary display activation opportunities to support sales out.
- Ensure promotional sales activation is implemented effectively in-store.
- Ensure that all business opportunities within direct Area Accounts are fully exploited.
- Provide training and coaching to improve individual capability.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition and HR to manage effective recruitment process.
- Collaborate with Field operations in the release of store volumes aligned to available daily resource.
- Ensure awareness amongst all direct reports of Health & Safety issues and apply relevant best practice.
- Complete administration tasks accurately and within deadlines.
- Proven business sense/acumen coupled with a demonstrable understanding of cost/benefit implications and product profitability.
- Innovative style and approach - constructively Challenges status quo; seeks breakthrough solutions to improve business, team and individual performance.
- Proven ability to handle complexity in a cross functional, customer facing environment.
- Proven ability to consistently achieve results.
- Drives internal and external customer service.
- Ability to influence, internally and externally, without direct authority.
- Demonstrable understanding of the UK Retail trade/market and coupled with knowledge of the food category.
- PC literate (full Microsoft suite of applications + sales/stock management systems)
- Development potential for bigger role.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n°).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.
Apply for Area Business Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly