Regional Sales Manager
The role compromises of managing a region from the South up to Birmingham and holding overall responsibility for the performance of the region. The products being sold are liquid applied membranes manufactured by the client.
The client I am representing have a fantastic history. They are growing year on year, with two record years in the past two years. It's a very close knit team who have a fantastic culture and team based feel. They heavily invest in people and have a history of promotions from within. The 'Head of Sales', whom the successful candidate will be reporting into, has held the Regional Sales Manager role prior to his promotion, so knows what it takes to make a success of it. He can also be lent upon for advice and strategies where necessary.
The key responsibility will be to take ownership of their specified region. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Achieving growth and sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Leadership and development of the sales team
- Contribution to the strategy and direction of the products, working closely with the Head of Sales
- Reporting of project and opportunity pipelines to HOS and full use of the Salesforce CRM system
- Planning of events to raise the profile of the team in the marketplace and convey a professional message to the marketplace.
- Coordinating sales/marketing/ technical support for the team working with the relevant departments & HR to meet individual needs.
The successful candidate will have tangible examples of where they have successfully managed teams or projects. Other responsibilities will include:-
- In-depth understanding of the flat roofing market and its competitors across the product sectors
- Highly organised with an ability to take leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationships
- Able to plan, monitor and analyse key sales activities on a monthly / quarterly basis
- Demonstrable ability to coach, manage and develop both existing and new members of the sales team
- Must be perceived as a "business leader" with a sound understanding of all aspects of the business operation
On offer for the candidate is a £60,000 annual base salary, with an achievable commission scheme. There is a premium company car on offer with generous pension contributions, laptop, phone and company credit card.