Licensing Sales Manager, Food
The Licensing Sales Manager is responsible for driving sustainable growth in the identified key Food Licensees through the development and delivery of both Regional & Local initiatives.
This role will be responsible for creating and sustaining Joint Business Plans (JBP) which are then driven (where appropriate), qualitatively and quantitatively to local market execution in collaboration with local Senior Category Managers (SCM)
The scope of the role will also include identifying and delivering new Regional opportunities, and developing and maintaining a successful working relationship with licensees, including forecasting, contract negotiation, product development and marketing.
Key responsibilities include
- Design and implementation of a Joint Business Plan process for key licensees, to secure the key accounts’ annual operating plan. The plans will be tracked and reviewed on a bi-weekly / monthly basis and will reflect real time escalation and course correction.
- Be responsible for ensuring the local SCMs understand the strategy and initiatives comprising the Key Accounts JBPs and that this is reflected and owned by the local SCMs through local JBPs as appropriate.
- Identify new Regional opportunities in market and assess them jointly with local SCMs to ensure that local plans are fully optimised
- In conjunction with Senior Licensing Sales Manager, implement the long-term strategy for specific department in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Using key trends as well as commercial and consumer insight, develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (licensee) objectives and strategies, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance to drive growth
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each EMEA account, new and existing
- Execute contract negotiations for certain accounts and appropriately inform all key stakeholders (global, EMEA and local)
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) ILS team as directed
- Execute new business development pitches and develop research projects with a focus on identifying scalable opportunities
- Coordinate and actively contribute in market meetings
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences. Utilise these relationships to share best practise
- Build relationships with the international DCP teams in order to share knowledge and best practices
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience in Licensing, Brand Management, Commercial Management
- Manager level experience in a commercial function in the FMCG sector with direct P&L responsibility essential
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
- Financial acumen – an ability to translate numbers into a working plan
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Forward thinking with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for TWDC
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
- International travel required
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Changes to contracted hours and/or additional hours may be required to meet business needs
- Closing date for online applications is end of day Sunday 29th September 2019
About Disney Licensing
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.