Category Manager - Tesco
Category Manager - Tesco
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strategically important area of our business. As a Category Manager within our Grocery channel you will lead the development of our business relationship with one of our biggest customers - Tesco. As part of our 2025 vision, it is vital we have an in-depth understanding of the category we operate in, how it can grow, how our brands can leverage these opportunities and that we can engage with our customers to bring this to life. The Category Manager will be responsible for developing strong customer relationships, leading their category thinking and supporting the delivery of our mutual long-term vision and strategies.
You will be responsible for leading the relationship with Tesco and Booker across our entire brand portfolio and will spend time with the respective buying, trade planning and merchandising teams. You will also need to develop relationships with your key internal stakeholders within our category strategy, insights, channel operations and commercial teams, playing a supporting role to the Head of Category Management in developing our annual plans and setting targets for each of our commercial initiatives.
We are looking for applicants with a strong category background and extensive FMCG experience. We would expect successful candidates to have previous experience working with and able to demonstrate success within the channel, ideally within the Top 4 Grocery customers.
What we’re looking for in a Category Manager:
- Solid experience of category management process & first-hand experience of managing customer relationships
- Able to demonstrate strong data & analytical skills, can cut to the heart of the problem getting to solutions with creativity and speed
- Ability to set a clear vision for the future and clearly articulate the key drivers for success
- Can build relationships and partnerships underpinned by openness, honesty and respect
- Strong communicator (written & presented) with good influence & facilitation skills
- Is disciplined in thinking, decision making, action and follow through
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. This exciting role could give you the opportunity to play an integral part in the future growth of one of the biggest categories within FMCG and be part of the delivery of some exciting innovation within the Britvic portfolio. Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision for growth, a focus on personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position with excellent benefits and you’d be working with talented individuals in a vibrant workplace.