National Sales Manager
Opportunity to join a fantastic FMCG business managing a team as well as their own portfolio of national accounts. Open to high calibre candidates looking for a career change
Our client is a market leading supplier of FMCG products used every day by consumers. This is an established, well renowned business viewed as a market leader in their prospective product category. Products are volume driven across a mix of brand and private-label, some of which is UK manufactured. Due to having a fantastic culture, the business has a track record of attracting high calibre people in recent years from a variety of FMCG organisations. They can demonstrate a history of developing people through the business and have a number of longstanding employees. A key role has arisen within the senior management team for a National Sales Manager to join the business with full responsibility for the field sales team and a portfolio of key national accounts.
As National Sales Manager you will be responsible for the development of national accounts lead, coach and develop the regional sales team within the out of home channel. This is a significant area of the business that contributes significantly to the future growth of the organisation. This person will also undertake responsibility for specific customers within this channel such as major buying groups and national distribution partners.
- Management, coaching and development of Regional Sales Team.
- Hands on approach to developing and maximising existing portfolio of National Accounts
- Implementation of customer and sales and pricing strategy ensuring effective execution across all channels in order to achieve agreed profit and turnover targets
- Champion of the regional business throughout the company
- Direct management of H/O relationships of buying groups and a national distribution partner
- Active member of Senior AFH Sales Management Team involved in creation of customer sales strategy, innovation policy and market intelligence review.
- Assist in the delivery of that strategy to the wider business and the customer base
- Analysis, insight, development, reporting and follow up of data
In order to be considered for this opportunity we are seeking candidates who have experience in:
- Managing and developing National Accounts
- Managing a team of field sales or regional accounts managers in FMCG. This could be across food/drinks or a non-food product.
- Ideally, we are looking for an individual with a background in working for a UK manufacturer.
- It would also be beneficial to have experience within the out of home channel, such as wholesale, food service or contract catering but not essential.
Culture is of high importance to our client; you must be a trustworthy and professional individual. It’s a team focussed environment that rewards people. The business can demonstrate a number of long-standing employees.
If you feel you have the right experience please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website