Business Development Manager
Classic Fine Foods UK
Classic Fine Foods UK Ltd is a purveyor and distributor of fine food from around the world - we source the highest quality products we can find, from truffles to caviar, foie gras to chocolate, plus many more delicacies. Through close partnerships with our suppliers, we deliver the highest quality of fresh, frozen products to the finest restaurants, hotels and retailers in the UK.
Our Sales team are dedicated to developing opportunities and delivering quality – both in the representation of our brands and delivering the best service to our customers.
Following significant growth and investment, we have created a new position to help further develop our presence with the UK.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be focused on the Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex and Kent territories. As well as managing a demanding existing portfolio you will also be responsible for helping our business grow. By having an in-depth knowledge of the UK hospitality industry, you will be generating new leads and opening new accounts with excellent sales prospects.
Key responsibilities include;
- Achieving targeted account opening and sales growth of high-end clients; including restaurants, hotels, contract caterers and food processors
- Working with the CFF market sizing report, creating a strategy with the Regional Sales Manager and producing results
- Identifying new sales leads that fit within the company strategy, creating a strategy with the NBD Manager and producing results
- Building and strengthening commercial relationships within new/existing business opportunities
- Working closely with the Operations departments to ensure that all clients achieve agreed service levels – exceeding expectations and delivering on promises
- Working closely with the Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Department to ensure you have all tools required to pitch prospects, whilst meeting CFF expectations
- Daily management of clients, handling all high-level customer queries and requests
- Quarterly reporting on account opening/sales performance against set targets
- Working with company specialists to increase sales and uncover opportunities
- Representation of the company image, brand and service through visits, events and media
- Providing CFF Management team with information regarding the level of outside competition and general market activities
- Working closely with the Purchasing Department to provide sales forecasts
- Managing professional communication to customers about changes in CFF (price increase, service level changes, product information)
- Following up on new sales strategies and product launches set by suppliers/CFF Management, providing results and detailed feedback
- Marketing TheTasteLab and company events to clients, achieving an expected sign-up rate
- Participating in product training, company events and sales meetings
- Extensive prior experience of successful sales within the food industry, with a proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business
- Strong interest and knowledge in the food/hospitality industry, particularly UK market
- Excellent communication skills, particularly developed pitching and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen with strengths in reporting, numeracy and budgeting
- Creative initiative with a strength in problem solving
- Organised with a keen eye for detail
- Able to build strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals
- Passion for high quality produce and cooking
Should you have experience as outline above, please apply below or contact with our retained consultant Aidan at FMCG Selection on 01943 667280 or Aidan@fmcgselection.co.uk