Business Development Manager
- Do you have consumer or FMCG sales experience?
- A leading supplier of uniforms and sportswear to Independent Schools
About Our Client
Squadkit is a dynamic and fast growing sportswear brand focussed on encouraging teen participation.
We know that participation in sport is a vital part of building confidence, health and emotional well-being. Squadkit was founded in 2008 and has grown rapidly to become The #1 sportswear brand in independent schools. We are now looking for a Business Development Manager to increase our team, helping us to build on our strengths in the independent schools sector and to begin exploring new sectors.
Squadkit has an ambitious vision for the future, including expansion beyond our current Independent School market and existing product range. We have a Board who are committed to delivery and a dynamic Buying Team whose absolutely focus is product development in an ever-changing market. Unlike most of our competitors, we are profitable with a great reputation for outstanding customer service, allowing our Sales Team to focus on future opportunities and genuine business development.
Working with a small team, you will be responsible for developing our relationships with existing and new customers, ensuring our brand is well represented and supporting the sales process
- Co-ordinating and overseeing all Squadkit Select sales
- Supporting initial pitches and new school acquisition
- Engaging our existing schools and supporting the Account Management team to ensure our schools are looked after and aware of our most up to date products
- Liaising with the Buying Team to ensure our product innovation is always up to date and continuously improving
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role you will be:
- Confident and articulate: your principal contacts will be Heads of Sport in Independent Schools. You will feel able to communicate clearly with them, enthusing them with our passion for the brand and clearly conveying the Squadkit vision and our plans for the future
- Brand aware: able to understand the importance of branding in this market, what makes Squadkit special and the importance of differentiating
- Sports focussed. with a genuine love of sport and interest in sportswear products
- Driven, recognising the potential future for Squadkit and working hard to achieve that
- Organised; our business relies on 100% delivery. You will need to be able to support our Head Office team with a clear brief to ensure that we keep your promises.
We have no fixed conceptions! We are a people-driven, entrepreneurial business who believe that drive, fit with our values and a willingness to learn are at least as important as experience.
It is likely that you have had some experience in a sales role, but alternatively you may be an existing school sports teacher or even an existing sports professional seeking an alternative career path.
What's on Offer
Our Head Office is in Oundle. A town half-way between Northampton and Peterborough. This job is primarily based "on the road" visiting our Schools. However you would be expected to be in the Office for at least a day per week to liaise with our design, product buying and development teams and to keep abreast of new developments.
Basic salary is paying between £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience with the opportunity to earn a 15% annual company bonus.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGC14044279Z