Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager / Territory Manager
Territory: Various locations within London
Our Clients mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Our Client is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million pods per month.
- The Business Development Manager (BDM) manages a territory of Convenience retail customers in a defined geographic area
- The BDM is a pivotal role within the UK sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing our clients new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level
- Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising
- This role is ideal for someone currently working in Field Sales within the FMCG categories ie drinks industry, Tech industry
- Developing new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events
- Sell in/implementation of joint business plans, product listings, new customer acquisition and implementation of trade programmes and training schemes
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducting staff training for customers & Merchandising
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce.
- Reporting on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities.
- To negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensuring on going compliance.
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to agreed plan.
- To deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG retail environment
- Experience or ability to manage a portfolio of stores across a geographic area
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different stores and staff
- Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environments
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- A full UK driving license is required for this role
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- £26,000-£32,000 basic salary
- 10% company bonus, 10% individual bonus
- £6000 car allowance + generous millage allowance
- Lunch allowance & mobile phone subsidiary
- 25 days + 8days BH
- Health care & other additional benefits
- Free company products