Category Marketing Manager
Exciting Global Player:
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is the largest pork processor in the world. With a group turnover of $22 billion, the Smithfield Foods group provides market-leading brands and private label solutions in numerous countries across the globe. We combine our shopper and consumer insights with industry expertise to deliver targeted retail solutions that enhance our customers' categories and deliver profitable growth.
Smithfield Foods brings delicious and nutritious meat products to millions of people in the UK in a manner that sets industry benchmarks for sustainability. We work in all sales channels and market segments with a broad portfolio of branded and private-label meat products, providing everything from traditional deli meats to more modern, convenient foods: pork, poultry, cooked meats, canned meats, hot dogs, pizza toppings, pâtés, meal components and fresh meats.
Cultural DNA of the UK Business
Operating as a Fully Autonomous Business Unit within Country, means that our culture is underpinned by:
- Very High Levels of Initiative & Entrepreneurship
- Structured & Strategic when needed- but with a huge degree of Urgency
If you've got a Great Idea on Monday- We want it Actionable by Friday!
- Relentless desire to Achieve & Add Value- To be the best version of yourself and reach your potential
- Oh have some fun whilst doing it. You need a good sense of humour- We are all in this together
Are you ready to be part of the story?
This is such an exciting role- BUT this is not a typical Category Manager role, it’s so much more than that. Yes you’ll get to spend a good deal of time doing the Classical Category Management that you no doubt currently excel at.
- As the Smithfield Category Marketing Manager you will be focused on the World Foods & Canned categories within the business, building the category strategy that delivers upon key business KPI’s. Using consumer insights, market research data and customer relationships, you will be expected to formulate the product plan & pipeline
- But always with a view of “So What?” “What does this mean for us” & “What Can We Do/Action with it” or “Why should we change something”.
- So when you’re in front of Customers you can really “Make a Difference” with your Category Vision.
However you also be challengend to stretch your thinking, skills and potential into other areas of the marketing & commercial mix- namely-
- Commercial Marketing/Planning- Working your Commercial Colleagues, you can really get underneath the UK business from a more strategic & capability perspective. The goal being to- Know your range, know your performance & find efficiencies. This will allow you to bring your marketing intellect and ability into a much more commercial robust framework, meaning you can have a direct impact on key parts of the UK business.
- Project Management- NPD Focused. Implementation of plans will require strong personable skills to work cross functionally and with colleagues in Poland
- Trade Marketing- (B2B Channel) Focusing on Retail, Wholesale/Foodservice & Manufacturing channels. Setting the agenda for customer & B2B marketing, budget management and maximising brand exposure via customer mediums.
- Join a World Leading FMCG Business with significant investment and growth plans for the UK Market.
- Help lead & Develop the UK Category Marketing Strategy
- Have the opportunity to drive and realise your full potential and maximise your career development.
The ideal candidate will have gained exposure to Category/Customer Marketing within FMCG and will be at ease with Data analysis & interpretation across its’ various formats including Kantar/ TNS and EPOS.
So if this is You, then please do apply!
However, here at Smithfield we are also a big believer the power of:
- A Genuine Positive Can Do Attitude
- And High Levels of Potential
Meaning that we are also open to candidates from across the following:
- FMCG or Consumer Sales- this could be at Regional Account, NAE, Key Account or even NAM level.
- Head Office Retail Side Candidates- this could be from Buying, Merchandising, Marketing, Analysis or Project Management
- Even Financial Services, Business Services or Technology sectors- This could be from either Analysis, Commercial Planning or Project Management.
All we ask is that you have Bags of Drive & Passion and that above all You Can Make Things Happen!
In return the business offers a great platform in which you can express your true passion for Business & Customer Management within a leading UK food player.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with Category Captain; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.
Apply for Category Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly