Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading coffee and vending supplier, and they are seeking a Business Development Manager to focus on sector opportunities and new business development within the Southern region of England.
Working from home, you could be located anywhere in the South of England. Ideal locations include Basingstoke, Hampshire, Sussex, Guildford, Wiltshire, Surrey, and Dorset.
The is an exciting and pivotal role within a business that is rapidly growing. A candidate from the coffee and vending industry would be well-poised to make an impact in this position; however equally experienced candidates from connected FMCG / F&B industries will also be considered.
Reporting into the Regional Sales Director, the Regional Business Development Manager drives retention of existing business and acquisition of new business in a defined postcode area together with the local operation team. These prospects and customers will be developed through driving an impulse and premium coffee agenda that is consumer driven.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve between 6-10 appointments per week, clearly recorded in CRM
- Manage leads as provided, whether by telemarketing, web, PPC, email campaigns or self generation.
- Develop and agree with the Regional Sales Director a strategic ‘long list’ of prospects in each target postcode and prioritise by sector.
- Refine the ‘long list’ into a pipeline and ensure pipeline is always up to date with most accurate understanding captured in CRM
- Mobilise and initially manage any new business gains prior to their transfer to the local operational team to manage the ‘day to day.
- Undertake specialist sales and trade development activity and projects as agreed with the Regional Sales Director.
- Gain and maintain a high level of product, sector and customer knowledge.
- Support local operational teams with commercial activity on the existing base of customers (contract extensions, terms changes, price increases, growth). The portfolio of existing customers will be c£1m revenue.
- To be able to drive and participate in customer tender processes at any point, including presentations and Q&A meetings.
- Minimum of 3 successful years B2B experience within comparable industry (e.g. FMCG, food, coffee etc)
- Track record of new account business management and growth in a Business to Business environment
- The drive, determination and commitment to get things done. Confident, with a high level of self-motivation, possessing the ability to work to own initiative and possessing a hands-on attitude
In return the business will offer an excellent basic salary of around £35k, with realistic OTE of £55-65k+. They will also offer a company car, pension, and all the equipment you will need to be successful in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in the coffee and vending industry. If you are an experienced Business Development Manager in the Basingstoke or wider Hampshire areas, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role.