Internal PR Manager - Premium Spirits Business
The Company –
A premium, London based spirits brand owner. A company with plenty of tradition and heritage whilst also being massively innovative. You would be joining a fast paced, high performing team of dedicated, fun loving and loyal employees and an all-round lovely place to work!
Overall purpose of job:
To develop the visibility of the range of products through on- and off-line consumer and trade press titles – with an emphasis on consumer press. The role will involve working with the brand and distillery teams to develop and deliver the PR hooks (events, products, stories etc. ) required to drive coverage, writing the press releases, creating media assets and liaising with contacts to ensure placement within target publications.
The successful candidate will have a strong existing network of UK press contacts within national consumer lifestyle, press, magazine and food and drink titles and be well-placed to drive an immediate coverage uplift for the brand. Preference will be given to candidates that also have an existing contact base within the UK drinks press and if you have worked with a spirit brand previously this would be a huge advantage.
The candidate will take full responsibility for driving column inches for the and it will be up to you to actively contribute to the development of future brand plans.
- Drive visibility of the product range in national and London consumer titles – with a focus on print media, newspapers, lifestyle magazines, what’s on guides and food and drink titles. Use your existing contact base and our annual brand plans to build buzz around our range of products
- Create new concepts and hooks to drive interest in the brands (events, new products, occasions, merchandise, brand partnerships etc). Develop these into an annual PR plan and work with the brand team to manage their set-up and delivery to completion
- Leverage your existing network of media contacts to ensure that the product ranges are featured.
- Input on other projects requiring the creation of brand copy – to include blog articles, newsletters, brand presentations (degree of input to be dependent on the candidate). Develop ability to write in brand tone of voice and to deliver key messages.
- 5+ years’ proven work experience in a similar role within the alcoholic drinks / spirits industry either in-house or in agency
- Senior candidates only with strong existing contacts within consumer press titles
- Preference for candidates with existing drinks trade press contacts
- Strong knowledge of key social media platforms with preference for direct experience managing content and promotional plans for professional social media accounts (including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
- Direct experience in a drinks industry role preferable.