HR Business Partner
Position: HR Business Partner
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Reporting directly to the HR Director - Finance and R&D EMEA, the HR Business Partner is responsible for delivering functional people programs and initiatives to build a High Performance Organization in support of the EMEA Strategic Roadmap. This role acts as employee advocate, ensuring employees know and feel their value to McCormick.
- In partnership with multiple functional managers, and as part of the EMEA HR team, deliver an agreed HR agenda which supports business growth, builds capabilities and drives engagement.
- Work in partnership with functional managers to ensure effective management of complex employee relations issues, by providing pragmatic HR solutions which meet business needs and ensure McCormick values are adhered to.
- The role business partners the Consumer, Flavour Solutions, Marketing, Finance and R&D functions based at the Haddenham site. The role is also a key member of the UK Consumer Management team.
- Work closely with HR centers of expertise (Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Internal Communications) to ensure appropriate deployment of HR processes (Talent review, Succession Planning, Employee Engagement Survey, Annual Salary Review, Learning and Development, etc).
- Work closely with our HR Shared Services Center based in Poland, who provides HR administrative and transactional support to the site.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the business on interpreting and delivering people aspects of functional programs.
- Contribute to and/or lead functional or HR programs, projects or initiatives as required.
- Operationalize strategic HR initiatives/programs and execute usually at a country or site level, and multi-site and multi-country as required.
- Proven significant experience of providing effective HR business partnering, preferably in a commercial environment.
- BSc in HR or equivalent degree preferable.
- CIPD is required.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Experience in managing employee relations in a matrix, multi-country/cultural environment.
- Proven success in supporting significant change.
- A strategic and hands-on approach is essential.
- Ability to influence without formal authority at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work remotely with a good balance of autonomy and reporting.
- Energy, curiosity and enthusiasm to be able to deliver results in a very fast-paced environment.
- High integrity, pragmatic approach and sound judgement.
- Effective time-management skills and good attention to detail.
- Values all people.
- Fluent in English; another language would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP and able to analyse data and provide key business insights.
- Values all people.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz. At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 70784).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.