National Account Manager
My client is a high growth, ambitious UK based SME. Operating two award winning baby brands, selling internationally and importantly to some of the UK’s biggest retailers. Recently winning The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation, has given the company vast consumer and corporate exposure.
As National Account Manager you will be responsible for maintaining relationships and maximising sales opportunities with the company’s key UK accounts, including John Lewis, Mothercare, Mamas and Papas, Amazon, Boots and others.
Account management responsibilities include, strategic account planning, pitches, forecasting, liaising with all internal departments and crucially being accountable for hitting budget, circa £4m.
You will be a highly driven, bright individual with a passion for connecting with our products and company vision. You will be an influencer with strong interpersonal skills to make things happen and to drive the business forward as a team. Must have non-food consumer goods background and a proven track record of growing account turnover.
Skills and experience you will have for the role include:
- A proven track record of consistently managing and delivering to budget
- Minimum 2 years national account management experience selling to retail outlets (non FMCG preferred)
- Detailed understanding of retailer processes, including new product launches, exclusives, promotional activity and seasonality.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with ability to foster lasting working relationships
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with marketing, customer service, finance, supply chain & NPD teams to maximise UK success
- Entrepreneurial at spotting and exploiting commercial opportunities
- Good organisation, and flexibility to prioritise tasks effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Basic P&L understanding
- Managerial thinking and understanding
The vision of the company and the personal development opportunity, from being part of a high performing team that is creating noise and movement in our industry, is what will inspire you most.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director this is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference.
Office based in the Midlands, with regular UK travel to visit customers.