European Sales Manager
With well established brands, my client prides themselves on creating beautifully designed products that over time have become a household name. The business started its life a small owner managed business with no more than two people and has since grown to a triple digit head count, with offices located in different areas across the globe. The business is now entering a new chapter, where they have had continuous growth over the last few years and are now looking to really expand their international offering. This has led to the business looking to recruit a Sales Manager to grow various European Markets.
As the Export Sales Manager you will report directly to the Director of Export where you will be responsible for growing and managing the European business. Initially you will be responsible for the organic growth of your accounts and be continually looking for new ways to develop and generate new business. This is a fast moving environment where you will be working with well-known branded products as well as own label for specific customers, so knowledge of both areas would be ideal for this role.
This role will require you to spend a significant amount of your time travelling to the different markets that you are responsible for and spend the majority of your time developing new business. The role will have the requirement to be in the office a minimum of two days per week, with the rest of the time home based.
- Implement an agreed sales and marketing strategy and ensure smooth communication of any relevant information to the company's distribution channels including distributors, sales agents and key direct accounts.
- The responsibility of the sales team across Europe.
- Analyse sales data in designated markets and evaluate current performance against budget on a regular basis to identify any shortfall and potential sales opportunities. Recommend any changes deemed required for improving sales performance through existing channels and Implement those agreed on.
- Review potential for extending sales into new agreed channels within the designated export markets and make recommendations for initiatives to targeting new sectors. Implement those agreed upon
- In consultation with contacts in designated markets, evaluate the suitability of current product offering to satisfy the market requirements and contribute to new product development by communicating and providing market specific knowledge and feedback to the Global leader.
- Visit markets to support sales initiatives, develop relationships, assess opportunities and ascertain market information pertinent to maximising sales potential. Visit Key retailers with the agents / distributors to improve the sell through of our products and to gain new listings
- Provide market information, forecasts of demand and any relevant changes to opportunities and threats to contribute in formulating the annual sales budget identified by designated markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude to assist in producing world class product ranges and contribute to the strategic direction and development of the business. The right candidate will have a 'hunter's' attitude to new business and be able to see where the next opportunity is going to arise from. You need to be comfortable and confident at liaising with people at a senior level and be able to 'hold your own' in negotiations.
The right candidate will ideally have 5 years or more sales experience from a non-food FMCG background, preferably from within the luxury sector and have existing experience of managing the European markets. The right candidate must be able to work in an autonomous role with the ability to develop solutions.
Essential skills for this position include:
- Negotiation skills
- Good sales closer
- Strong new business skills
- Results orientated
- Strong communication
- Presentation skills
- Relationship management
- Innovative / creative