Senior Category Manager
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Here at PepsiCo we are on the look-out for a Senior Category Manager to join our Category and Insights team and support one of our key customers, a top 4 Grocer.
Our Category and Insights team is a core part of our sales function, encompassing category management, shopper insight and sales strategy experts. The team work in partnership with our trading, brand and commercial functions to ensure our customers' and shoppers' needs are at the absolute heart of all our business planning. The team are committed to keeping our eyes firmly on the long term agenda and understanding what it will take to drive real base sustainable growth in our categories and for our customers.
We work in partnership with our colleagues and our customers to find out what's happening and, more importantly, what to do about it. We really value the trusted category advisor relationships that we have with the UK's biggest and best retailers and distributors and are dedicated to understanding their priorities and agendas to build shared plans for growth.
As a Category Manager at PepsiCo, you'll be tasked with providing customer, category and shopper insight to support and build category relationships with one of our largest grocery customers. You will support the commercialisation of our PepsiCo UK brands and innovation and will have significant interaction with External Customers, Internal Sales team and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of an annual category plan with your grocery customer
- Identify and clearly define key category and customer issues and opportunities and generate the insight and solutions to resolve these
- Deliver range and space metrics as agreed
- Act as an integral partner to the PepsiCo sales team by providing category and customer insight that helps shape strategies & tactics to deliver the Annual Operating Plan
- Establish new (and develop existing) relationships with your customer with the aim of moving PepsiCo towards indispensable partner status
- Work with the Shopper team to leverage insights generated and build learning of in-store initiatives for continuous learning and best practice case studies
- Contribute to the overall cross category Grocery Shopper team agenda and vision
- Category management experience
- Experience of range and space management
- Experience of working in a customer/client facing role
- Commercial acumen and knowledge of the UK FMCG market (Grocery experience preferable but not essential)
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to build and maintain lasting internal and external relationships
- Ability to present internally and externally to all levels
- Proven ability to work as part of a team