Senior Brand & Innovation Manager – French Speaker
Job Title: Senior Brand & Innovation Manager – French Speaker
Location: Paris and London
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
A fantastic one off opportunity for an experienced business mature Senior Brand & Innovation specialist to transform the growth of an exciting and unique FMCG brand in their biggest international market. This role is all about developing and delivering a marketing and innovation lead brand relaunch in the French chilled desserts market.
An exciting, dynamic ‘roll your sleeves up’ role with full ownership of all brand components and plans. By fully immersing yourself in what makes the French consumer and marketplace tick, you will develop plans on how to make this unique brand more meaningful and relevant to the French consumer. You will be analysing where and how to grow and developing the new brand positioning, creative platform, support model and innovation pipeline geared solely to growing this market. After selling your ideas into the leadership team, you will then be regularly presenting them face to face to the biggest retailers in France.
This is not a role where you will have a big brand activation budget and glossy marketing plans to wow your consumers with on day one. This is all about cultivating some new thinking that will enable investment to flow. So, not your classic brand management or immediate innovation development role - this is a transformation opportunity requiring some new courses of action with fresh ideas and thinking that will really test your strategic, analytical and conceptual skills.
It’s one of the company’s key strategic imperatives and a role which will give you plenty of exposure to the entire organisation from the commercial team, to operations, technical department and our Head Chef. You will also regularly interface with the leadership team to present your ideas, recommendations and the commercial results of your specific initiatives and choices.
We are looking for a particular set of skills for this one-off opportunity, the successful candidate will:
- Have previously worked in France on a premium / speciality chilled desserts brand in the French retail chilled desserts category
- Possess excellent insight into the latest trends and market facts, with a truly natural flair for French dessert trends and insights
- Be able to demonstrate excellent consumer and category knowledge of this market to be seen as the ‘internal expert’ of this category in France, able to challenge previous conceptions, opinions and hypotheses with proven consumer and category centric knowledge
- Have strong strategic brand development skills including positioning development, communications and the ability to carve out a successful identity for the brand in this competitive market
- Excellent expertise in NPD development and implementation
- Be commercially focused with the end goal of growing the commercial P&L of the business always and demonstrably in sight
- Strong financial analysis skills including full fluency in financial P&L management
- Fantastic in ACNielsen data analysis and reporting, able to construct powerful category arguments and learnings from the application of the data
- Will thrive working independently across this broad skills remit, be self starting, proactive and well motivated from such a business challenge
- Truly possess excellent stakeholder management skills with the emotional and business maturity needed to carefully navigate, influence and collaboratively align curious stakeholders with your thinking. This is a hot topic for this brand so you need to be fully open to positive challenge to pressure test your ideas and perspectives.
- Fluent French and English are mandatory. The role is part based between Paris and London with frequent travel between the two offices.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 3049/139
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.