- To take direct buying responsibility and logistic control for European and Asian supply chain’s in the process of defining, sourcing and implementation of all products and services to support the achievement of the Operations Department three year plan, supporting strategy and target development to meet both departmental and company objectives. Be instrumental in NPD process and create forward thinking concepts for the company.
- The successful applicant will be required to travel to Europe and Asia
About the Company:
- A leading British manufacturer of catering equipment. Based in South London, they service customers throughout the United Kingdom and mainland Europe. A specialist in injection moulded plastic cutlery, tableware, drinkware, meal packs, polystyrene and polycarbonate glasses, cocktail and bar accessories, wooden products and workwear.
- Founded over 50 years ago. The entrepreneur saw the opportunity for selling confectionery and catering accessories. The company had success with wooden products and he quickly saw the potential for plastic cutlery and cocktail sticks.
- The purchasing responsibility within the operations department covers all aspects of procurement activity, for our factories in the UK and Europe. Responsibilities of the department cover direct and indirect materials and services, MRO and all Goods For Re-sale (of which covers more than 50% of our overall cost of sales).
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Must be of graduate calibre with the drive and desire to pursue a career in a fast moving environment.
- Must have experience of buying, ideally at an international level.
- Must be highly numerate and possess excellent analytical skills.
- Must have already developed good negotiation and persuasion skills in order to secure the best commercial terms for the business.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to solve problems at source.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and work within tight timescales.
- Must be PC literate with an advanced working knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Willingness to travel when necessary (including staying away from home overnight).
- Ideally have already gained experience within GFR importing purchase arena.
(Testing will be carried out at interview stage to assess verbal, numerical reasoning and analytical abilities).
- £35,000 - £40,000
- 20 days holiday
Contact: Dan Wells
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly