Business Development Manager
JOB TITTLE: Business Development Manager
Our Clients mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Our Client is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million pods per month.
The Business Development Manager manages a territory of vape retail customers in a defined geographic area. The Business Development Manager is a pivotal role within the vape sales team with responsibilities for developing and growing our clients new product listings, distribution, rate of sale and retailer share of mind/voice through seamless execution of territory plans at store level. Performance in this role will be measured primarily by achievement of product listings, volume and sales growth, implementation and execution of training, trade programmes and in-store visual merchandising. This role is ideal for someone currently working in Field Sales in the vaping, drinks, mobile or related FMCG categories. This role reports to the National Field Sales Manager.
- Developing new business opportunities through regular store visits, product promotions, incentives including trade programmes and in-store events
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key decision makers.
- Conducting staff training for vape customers and supporting the channel with staff training for major chain customer’s and distributor sales teams.
- Keeping informed of and contributing to the development of the Sales strategies.
- Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date market, commercial and customer records in Salesforce.
- Reporting on competitor information, new product developments, promotions and brand activities.
- To negotiate placement of POSM and fixtures. Ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Negotiate, agree and manage trade programmes and engagement initiatives.
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to agreed plan.
- To deliver agreed sales targets for assigned geography.
SKILLS TO SUCCESS
- Experience and knowledge of the vaping sector or FMCG sector or Account Management
- Experience and ability to manage a large group of stores across a geographic area
- Persuasive and adaptable presenter - ability to positively influence different stores and staff
- Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Strong resilience and desire to drive continuous improvements and operate in a changing environment
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships - internal and external
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Experience working in a field sales or business development role in the vaping or FMCG sector
- Experience working in the vape channel a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Mobile phone subsidy