Account Director – New Channels
London Head Office
In the last 5 years we’ve developed further with our innovative and category leading luxurious treats! Now we’re planning to take on the Rest of the World & Rest of UK outside of grocery….
We know that’s a big ask but that’s where you come in!!
We need an outstanding FMCG “foodie” to join our pacey, agile environment. You’ll be a SNAM/NAC looking to drive top line sales growth by the creation and execution of strategy outside of grocery to include OOH, Convenience & Impulse and its associated plans, throughout your extensive sales team, that result in a demonstrable increase in share of market relative to the competition, whilst simultaneously growing the net profit (Divisional Contribution) within the defined channel of trade.
Key Tasks / Drivers:
To demonstrate a forensic understanding of the sector dynamics to the extent that this individual will be perceived both internally and externally as the ‘sector expert’
This requires an ability to understand manipulate and articulate the following:
- Market data (IRI / Industry data) – What is our share relative to the competition by product category and by customer? Where do we over perform, where do we underperform, what are the underlying reasons for our performance and where are our risks and opportunities.
- Internal Data: Good understanding of internal reporting systems. Ability to understand, manipulate and articulate performance by sku and customer relative to prior year and versus annual plan. Can demonstrate a keen understanding of reasons for over or under performance understands issues and is able to formulate plans and solutions
- Who are our major customers within the defined sector? What are their objectives and how are they performing relative to their competitors. How can we help them in their objectives whilst meeting our own?
Develop plans to remove risk and exploit opportunities which are fully commercially evaluated, financially sound. Discuss, propose and agree such with the Sales Director.
Use all available resources (including direct and indirect team) and prioritise accordingly, in order to execute those plans and deliver optimum results within the defined sector
- An Ambitious SNAM/NAC looking to take your next step in your career;
- Possess strong administration and analytical skills;
- Demonstrate a professional manner, be very commercially aware and is interested in what the competition are doing;
- Confidence, motivation and determination, as well as the ability to deal with rejection;
- Strong networking and influencing skills at all levels;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Have high attention to detail;
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- A good listener, able to respond to results and consumer research;
- Be able to build outstanding customer relationships and have impeccable 'people skills';
- Have good presentation skills;
- Able to work well on your own, or with a wide range of people from different parts of the business;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage different projects at the same time;
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Enjoy working in a busy, deadline driven and creative environment; and above all have fun doing it
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in Word format quoting ref number 3049/140GJ.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.