Field Sales Business Analyst
Perfetti Van Melle is a privately owned company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella and Smint.
Purpose of the position:
This is a demanding data and operations role, which is mainly office based and involves the day to day leadership of the Field Force operations, data reporting and insights. The role will require a high level of Excel and IT expertise to be used on a daily basis. The incumbent is expected to be great problem solver and lead from the front in delivering Field deployment improvements along with strong data knowledge, data insights and provide actionable plans with in-store arguments. Will need to have a strategic approach to sales operations and be continually challenging the status quo with an eye on return on investment improvements. The role will be predominantly office based though working in the field regularly with the field force will be expected. Regular attendance at regional field meetings will also be required, meaning there will be some overnight stays required. The Business Analyst will challenge others to help meet the ever changing needs of the business.
The role will require good people skills and an ability to work cross functionally with all departments and be able to influence positive change at all levels. In addition there will be requirements to help train the Field Force on elements of in store data reading and excel development programs.
Using data and insights to influence and improve the overall performance of the UK wide Field Sales team are the primary responsibilities. Using and analysing retail partner EPoS data to drive increased sales at store level to enable “best in class” execution of the UK Field Plan across all territories and regions.
- Field Force reporting and dashboard ownership, delivering accurate suite of reports to the NSFM
- Effective and efficient Field Force planning via deployment tools, focusing on maximizing visits to value opportunities (CACI, SIF / other)
- Continual coverage analysis through our data capture tools, and deliver insights to RSM’s and TSM’s. And continual analysis of EPoS and Ipad data to improve field force efficiency and impact on the shop floor.
- Deliver and maintain a Stores of Excellence reporting suite. Track shelf availability improvements across our retail partners through a consistent way of measuring tracking and improving all sku availability.
- Improve overall Field Sales compliance tracking analysis and provide actionable value led insights back to the field teams
- Regular data analysis focusing on OOS / availability insights reporting back to the field teams
- Lead and update all performance league tables (national / regional / by KPI)
- Update field force activity profitability analysis & ROI modelling / cost per minute reporting
- Complete post visits analysis in order to change and influence future visit planning
- Complete regular coverage blitz planning / ROI / analysis and insights. Including post activity presentations
- Own the iPad recording improvements and data collation in the field
- Work with RSM’s to ensure the field force is fully trained on required levels of IT / Excel skills needed to be best in class
- Work with NFSM and RSM’s on quarterly incentive tracking
- Work with trade marketing / marketing in producing excellent information updates to help the field maximise in store promotions, NPD launches, high footfall opportunities Promotion evaluations
- Regular analysis of any on top executions and deliver quick insight evaluations and full business communications
- Improve profitability for the business through field sales teams by exceeding agreed targets, working within agreed operational budgets
- Constantly analyse, measure and manage the performance of the team. Implement effective procedures and processes to help RSM’s monitor and control all aspects of individual performance
- Work closely with Trade Marketing on merchandising, kit and shipper solutions for all channels. Ensure all the tools are available, used and understood with in teams: Priority Matrix, Epos, POS, In-store process, In-store arguments, sales support docs (flyers).
- Keep up to date with competitors and current trends to ensure that we stay ahead of competition.
- Build a strong working relationship and work closely with the Field Sales team
This list is not exhaustive and the post holder would be required to undertake any additional ad hoc tasks as necessary
- Excellent Excel and influencing skills
- Proven track record in data analysis and a good understanding of the UK FMCG retail market in all channels
- Pragmatic and action-oriented attitude, ability to translate business needs & opportunities into solutions on the shop floor
- A flair for analysis and naturally intuitive mind
- Driven to attain revenue/performance growth goals by staying customer-focused and the ability to work under pressure, think quickly and demonstrate initiative in solving problems.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- High skills in understanding all field sales automation technology (back/front office) in order to add value to the team
- Solid understanding of field force essentials and how a field sales team operate (Ipad, instore processes, route planning, KPI’s)
- Able to train others on data use and providing data insight through Excel
- Good communication skills to work efficiently and effectively with different departments and levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good ability to network internally and externally
- Strong confident presenter able to present to large groups
- Ability to lead in professionalism by consistently setting high standards in day to day communications and actions
But don’t take it from us – here is what other PVM employees have to say:
“When I first came to Perfetti, I was surprised to find a family-like culture of fun, happy, and welcoming people.”
“I am given a great deal of independence in my daily work and I know I can rely on my manager and teammates for expertise, advice, and inspiration.”