Paxton & Whitfield are a world-renowned retailer, wholesaler and exporter of artisan cheese and fine food.
The company has been the UK's leading cheesemonger for over 200 years and holds two Royal Warrants.
In addition to Paxton & Whitfield's four retail sites, the Bourton-on-the-Water head-office supplies artisan cheese and fine food to customers through their website, as well as to many of the best restaurants and retailer's around the globe.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven, passionate Sales Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for growing the business to business sales of Paxton & Whitfield products. The successful applicant will be accountable for the day to day management and the development of the Bourton-on-the-Water Head Office sales function.
This is a new role and will evolve as the business grows and will enable the right person to develop and grow.
- Meet all pre-agreed sales budgets for the Bourton site; increasing sales from the Bourton-on-the-Water site.
- Set and deliver an annual sales strategy to include both account management and new business activity from the Bourton site
- Identify new business opportunities, generate appointments and develop a strong sales pipeline
- Accountable for building and developing new business, meeting all assigned new business sales budgets.
- Develop our sales and CRM systems so that we provide a quality service to all existing and new customers
- Represent Paxton & Whitfield as requested at marketing events
- Be proactive in making recommendations for opportunities for the business
Required Education, Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for artisan cheese and fine food.
- A working knowledge of the fine food or homeware market is advantageous.
- Experience within a sales or account management role with a demonstratable track record of increasing sales in a challenging wholesale environment
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate; fully conversant with Microsoft Office
- Thrives as working as part of a small team
- Driven and full of initiative
- A second language is advantageous
Please apply and our retained partner, SJS Consulting, will be in touch.