Business Development Manager – East Midlands
A leading and innovative global manufacturer and supplier of specialist medical equipment into hospitals, schools, care homes and the wider community via close links with the clinically focused UK team and the NHS.
About the Role:
If you have a background in Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy and a passion for face to face sales, this newly available opportunity could be perfect for you!
Working as part of an extremely successful sales team, you will be required to autonomously plan and manage the East Midlands/Central territory; taking responsibility for your territory goals which will include to maintain and grow relationships, building year on year.
The territory already has an impressive existing portfolio of customers for you to service, requiring you to quickly develop and sustain these long term business relationships with key customers.
Duties will be varied and will include;
- Attend 4 customer visits per day in line with the company key account sales strategy.
- Be accountable and responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and KPIs.
- Fully understand the available routes to market through direct sales, dealer/reseller options, the role of loan store operators and the potential for internet sales.
- Engage in campaign promotions and promote the company’s products and services in terms of features, advantages and benefits.
- Continuously improve and develop professional selling skills, in particular; time management, territory and account coverage, appointment planning, public speaking and product demonstration abilities.
- Identify, understand and commit to the corporate strategy that focuses on frequent OIT contact, the top 10 current accounts, a select number of NHS acute hospitals, special schools and care homes.
- Support the company in product upgrades, recalls and investigations around incidents and accidents.
- Attend industry seminars and exhibitions as required.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Business Development Manager you must possess the following;
- A medical or clinical related DEGREE; Sports Science, Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy would be preferable.
- Sales experience ideally gained within the healthcare industry.
- The ability to travel throughout your designated area on a daily basis.
- Target driven with a hunger to meet and overachieve goals.
- A professional approach and appearance.
- A friendly, approachable and understanding personality with a natural problem solving ability.
- Solution sales experience.
- A full UK driving license.
In return for your role as Business Development Manager, you will receive;
- A competitive basic salary (depending on experience)
- Quarterly bonus
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- 25 days holiday
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
Job Reference: SS/22195
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.