Head of Agriculture Planning
A rapidly developing poultry manufacturer is seeking a Head of Agriculture Planning for its site in Norfolk.
My Client farms and processes poultry for the UK and international grocery markets. With new owners, there is an investment and development plan to double the business over the next 3 years.
- As Head of Agriculture Planning you will report directly to the Director of Agriculture. You will lead a team of planners who will work closely with the manufacturing, farming and commercial teams to deliver supply chain excellence.
- You will have the excellent communication and leaderships skills required to manage, develop and lead your team.
- You will be KPI focused, overseeing all agricultural planning processes to optimise production levels.
- This is an opportunity to really make a difference, drive change and continuous improvement.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- Liaise with factory to understand processing numbers required. Where necessary, liaise with other companies to fulfil total production requirements.
- Plan forward farming programmes in liaison with the factory demand requirement.
- Liaise with farms regarding weights & quality of birds.
- Liaise with Sales, Processing and Broilers Teams as required.
- Buy and sell live birds.
- Liaise with the Catching Teams to ensure programmes are followed.
- In liaison with the Transport Manager deal with unforeseen problems such as road closures, breakdowns and sickness
- Cover the office 6 days per week in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Reconcile daily and weekly numbers against production summary, factory performance and weekly supply programme.
- Oversee the weekly and crop programmes and all activities connected within the process.
- Oversee the operation of the Agriculture Planning department including holidays and team members’ appraisals and development plans.
- Monitor chick placements for broiler farms to produce numbers required, weights etc for weekly programme.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of Live Bird or General Planning.
- Experience and knowledge of Agricultural processes and planning software packages.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to work.