Procurement Controller - Ingredients
We are a boutique Mediterranean foods business specialising in premium ingredients and antipasti products
Suppliers of fine foods and high-quality ingredients for over 100 years with an impressive and forward-thinking senior management team
Established in ingredients and foodservice and looking to widen the customer base via targeting new prospects on existing and new ranges
Big company support with flexibility to react quickly to market dynamics
Delicious range of products
We are seeking a talented and ambitious professional with a proven ability to make things happen and to unlock potential opportunity. This is a pivotal procurement management role at the heart of our award winning and innovative company.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will:
- Own the procurement strategy, ensuring optimal supplier performance & pricing
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure purchasing is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts and contractual relationships
- Lead and manage a small team
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Work closely with Technical and Commercial to source new and alternative products
- Optimise stock levels across the business working closely with the commercial team
- Work with Head of Technical and Innovation to ensure that all products sourced and traded comply with BRC standards throughout the supply chain and ensure that we have robust plans and systems in place to protect the business.
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Additional Language Skills (Italian, Spanish)
- Outstanding commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of food importing
- Proven supplier management experience with demonstrable growth record in food sector
- Good interpersonal / team working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in managing teams
- Good working knowledge of UK inbound freight sector
- Passion for food
- Excellent IT Skills
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 9378/7
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.