COUNTRY MANAGER UK
Our client is a major producer of health foods, supplements and related well-being products. It has been growing (both crops and sales) in Europe very successfully for some years and is now ready to launch its brands in the UK. It is benefitting from huge investment from its multi-billion-dollar North American parent company and expects to make major and rapid inroads into the UK market – and is confident of doing so based on its demonstrable success with its premium products in other international markets.
Its vision is to become the leading provider, selling product via the retail multiples and specialist independent health food stores, of a vital ingredient in the responsible consumer’s diet.
It takes pride in what it does and how it does it. Acting responsibly and with integrity has helped it to create and sustain a successful business model and products of high repute. Growth has been built on strong governance, managed risk and rewarding success. It cultivates thousands of hectares of crops, then processes, packs and distributes organic foods and products in Europe, and is committed to continuing to introduce innovative high-quality products to its markets. It is determined to ensure ever rising standards of product quality, to keep farmers and consumers fully informed about its products and its production methods, and is focused on maintaining and building consumer confidence and trust in its brands.
At this pivotal time in its history, the company wishes to appoint a dynamic Country Manager for the UK, to lead the development and delivery of a consumer-centric sales and marketing strategy, for all categories and products. As the first appointment into this business in the UK, this is a vitally important management role reporting directly to the Group Sales Director in Europe. As such this position will carry enormous influence in shaping and driving growth of an FMCG business in a large market, and with it, clear P&L accountabilities. Initially marketing support will be provided from established functional teams in Europe including professionals whose expertise span the full marketing spectrum of research, insight, branding, portfolio development, channel management, digital marketing, marcomms, activation, and consumer engagement for both established and emerging product lines.
The role will also require a high degree of integration and alignment with strategies, activities and innovations in other international markets and with supply chains all over the world. This is a hard-edged sales role where achieving revenues matters above all else, but it is also a strategic marketing role as it encompasses the analysis and assessment of the commercial value of brands and products, both established and emerging. The Country Manager UK will be fundamental to the success of this business for many years to come. In the expectation of growing a team in the UK for the UK, this role will demand strong leadership, interpersonal communication and relationship management abilities.
Core to the success of this role will be knowledge and experience of selling branded FMCG, ideally foods, via the major retail multiples.
- Business / Marketing Degree or equivalent preferred
- Success selling branded FMCG products, ideally health foods
- First-class relationships with buyers at the major retail multiples
- Knowledge of new product development, launch and activation
- Demonstrable expertise in consumer marketing
- Strategic, but can shape, implement and build
- Influencer, but also great company and a pleasure to work with
- Proven P&L and financial competencies with strong commercial acumen
- Prior experience in management and leadership roles
- Collaborative and inclusive but also able to work alone and with real focus
- Innovative and enterprising, but with considered judgement
- Managing and ensuring maximum efficacy of a marketing budget
- Numerate with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Approachable and inclusive with time for and interest in the people with whom they work
- Compassionate and considerate
- Positive outlook and engaging personality
- Non-conformist and unconventional in approach
- A hard work ethic, motivated by success
For a confidential conversation about this role call Lorri Lowe on 0121 794 0631.
Friisberg & Partners International are the retained advisers on this appointment.
To apply, please send your CV by email to email@example.com