Due to ongoing growth and investment, my client, a successful and rapidly developing chilled food manufacturer, is seeking two Chief Engineers to develop the Engineering Strategy for its sites in East Anglia and Yorkshire, along with taking an active role developing ongoing operational efficiency.
Both sites are undergoing significant CAPEX investment (£10s of millions) over the next 3-5 years and as part of the Senior Leadership Team this role will also contribute to the wider business strategy.
My Client produces chilled poultry products for the UK and international grocery market. There is a mix of automation and manual manufacturing processes, so an Engineer who has worked across both would be useful.
The Chief Engineer role reports to the Site General Manager and will require you to lead a team of engineers who will work closely with the manufacturing teams to deliver operational excellence through reduced downtime and planned maintenance.
You will have the excellent communication and leaderships skills required to manage, develop and lead your team.
You will be KPI focused overseeing all site maintenance processes, PPM, CI and facilities maintenance to optimise production levels.
This is an opportunity to really make a difference, to drive change and continuous improvement within an existing manufacturing facility as well as taking an active role in the design and build of an impressive new facility.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage multi skilled engineering team.
- Coordinate and Manage all project work, ensuring it is delivered on time
- Lead continuous Improvement Projects
- Continue to develop and implement robust PPM systems
- Improve standards and efficiencies within the department
Skills & Experience
- Experience in an Engineering Supervisory role, within a manufacturing/ food production environment.
- Educated to degree level (preferably HNC/ HND) in a relevant engineering discipline or similar NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- Proven leadership skills