Category Executive / Junior Category Manager
Better Placed are proud to be working with a leading branded Consumer business based in Huddersfield. The company has experienced a great amount of success and are on of the leading businesses in their industry. As a result of growth and opportunity in the market they are seeking to appoint a Category Executive to join their high performing Marketing team.
The Category Executive will work with household branded products spanning multiple categories. Working closely with key retailers this role will see
The key aims of the position are to assist in the creation and implementation of the Channel and Category Marketing Plans in line with the agreed channel plans. These plans will detail how the business can maximise the distribution and sales potential of core products / NPD and subsequently maximise profits.
The role will be fast paced and ever changing, being a quick learner who can adapt easily is essential.
- Be able to establish strong relationships with specified retailers encouraging the development of joint category initiatives.
- Development of the category strategy and vision to influence category development including range, space and merchandising plans.
- Produce 'brand and product plans' relating to future initiatives, in particular those detailed within the Channel plans. However flexibility is required to support changes to the Channel plans where appropriate.
- Communicate the brand and product messages to consumers, either at the fixture through effective POS, through promotional activity and online.
- Use consumer insight to understand the shopper decision making process
- Support the implementation of shopper marketing strategy and identify retailer media opportunities
The successful candidate will have a passion to work with a leading global consumer business and be able to develop a solid understanding of their chosen category and ensure increased brand performance. Being numbers oriented yet able to interface with people is essential as this role will work closely with some of the UK's largest retailers.
Salary up to £30,000 + fast track career development with a leading brand