National Account Manager (Start-up)
Are you interested in joining a brand at the very beginning of its journey? Do you want to be in at the start but don’t want the lack of funding to hold you back? If that’s the reason you’ve not taken an opportunity with a start-up FMCG brand yet, then this is worth a read!
This is a start-up but not like you know it!
You won’t have heard of the brand yet as when I say start-up, I mean start-up! This is a soft drinks brand with a very interesting USP and already have customers lined up. They have some serious backing which means they’re very well-funded, enabling a platform that many other start-ups and even some SMEs could only dream of. The office in central London is in a cracking location, very smartly kitted out, you’ll genuinely want for nothing in the role as they’re setting up to ensure they can operate as a big business to enable the right type of growth.
The ambition is to do good business. This is about longevity, not speed.
In continuing to develop the team, this brand is now looking to appoint a National Account Manager. There is a big gap in the market for this product and we’re looking for a NAM who wants to exploit it. You will work with your Head of Sales and Sales Director to establish a strategy and get into the market with the wider team of BDMs.
- To drive new business relationships, listings, distribution and opportunities across retail and impulse channels.
- Support the delivery of the overall accounts with excellence in execution of retail plans, forecasting, performance analysis and administrative perfection.
- Development of P&Ls.
- Tracking and reporting of numbers through CRM.
- Deliver promotional and market insight to ensure maximum ROI.
- Develop and execute a shopper strategy to ensure best in class results.
This is a high profile role and instrumental in new business and account growth, developing relationships and nurturing the expansion.
Who are we looking for?
When it comes to skills and understanding of the market this is what we need, and we’re looking for 2-5 years in the below:
- FMCG experience is a must; any experience working with drinks brands would be advantageous but not a necessity.
- Experience in developing relationships with retailers or RTM customers. The role could take you in a number of directions dependant on your channel experience, what we’d like to see is current experience within the likes of High Street customers (Selfridges, Harrods, Boots, Superdrug etc.) OR Top 6 Grocery retail, OR wider RTM/ convenience/ impulse experience (forecourts and independents to QSR, HORECA and coffee shops).
- Ability to build a P&L from scratch – you must be good with numbers for obvious reasons!
- Ability to win new business as well as develop accounts.
- Analytical and strong commercial acumen.
Traits and characteristics:
- Restless and tenacious.
- A self-starter and driven to succeed.
- Strong initiative with clear communication and influencing skills.
- Proactive and commercially aware.
If you’re intrigued to learn more and interested in a conversation, please don’t hesitate in applying.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.