Key Account Director
My client is a blue-chip, market leading branded products manufacturer who operate across four separate business areas. Including Consumer Goods and specifically Garden & Home products. They pride themselves on their innovation and high-quality products as well as being ‘best in class’ for Home & Garden.
Due to a re-structure, the business is recruiting a Key Account Director for Home & Garden in the UK. As Key Account Director you will have full P&L responsibility for the UK Home & Garden accounts. You will be responsible for managing the sales & marketing team in the UK. Total direct reports of 6.
- Responsible for customer P&L with direct budget responsibility
- Customer negotiations on T&C, pricing
- Management of account performance and relationship
- Development of Customer Team strategy and individual customer strategies
- Development of marketing plan with Retail Marketing Manager
- Optimisation of marketing and sales processes (e.g pricing, promotions, listings)
- Optimisation of infrastructure and value chain with the customers (e.g. logistics, IT, finance)
- Home and Garden: coordination with all business units (annual agreement, category management etc)
- Alignment of activities with other UK Key Account Director
- Escalation level (vs. Customer) for Key Account Manager
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrating self-motivation to reach targets
- Ability to practice analytical and strategic thinking
- Able to work well within a team
- In-depth understanding of customers and markets
- Several years of sales experience as Key Account Manager in Consumer Goods and wide sales knowledge
- Ability to negotiate effectively and exemplify strong communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Accurate numerical skills
- Experience in BI@PT, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to demonstrate HG-specific product and assortment knowledge