National Account Manager
National Account Manager - FMCG
Robinson Young is the UK’s largest supplier of non-food products specialising in supplying fast moving consumer goods across all multiple retail, wholesale and E-Commerce sectors. We represent major manufacturers and brands most notably across Household, Health & Beauty and catering categories.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive sales professional to manage and develop a portfolio of major accounts, to include Amazon and selected other grocery retailers, as well as identifying new profitable business opportunities. A pre-requisite of this role is an in-depth understanding and expertise with Amazon, as well as a good understanding of key UK market dynamics and the core strategies of assigned accounts, in order to develop mutually beneficial joint business plans.
In conjunction with the Sales Director, and key head office functions, the National Account Manager will develop and implement appropriate and unique sales building strategies for each of his / her assigned accounts, aligned to broader company, channel and customer strategies.
National Account Managers have a high profile within Robinson Young and play a pivotal role in the on-going and future success of the company.
This position can be either home of office-based dependent upon the location of the candidate.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience working with Amazon is a primary requirement of this role and a good understanding of the various business building mechanisms that Amazon use would be highly advantageous.
- Have strong transferable commercial skills and acumen
- Have experience in researching, planning and preparing for high quality customer meetings in order to secure new business and deliver the primary objective of profitable growth
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills
- Understands data and how to analyse sales, where appropriate, to identify short/medium/long-term objectives, translating them into worthwhile business opportunities
- IT competent and confident, particularly in the use of Microsoft excel and Power Point applications
- Highly Numerate, able to negotiate margins, agree prices and prepare promotional support programmes for assigned accounts
- You will have a proven track record of managing major retail accounts ideally within FMCG companies.
- Have the potential to develop into a more senior role.
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual, with a proven track record of delivering growth and improving customer profitability, with the ability to adapt their approach to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
You must be able to build positive and productive relationships with key account contacts at all levels and have the ability to ‘add value’ quickly.
This would suit a confident individual who has a proven track record in a senior sales role who is looking for a position where they can ‘make a difference’ and do more than just manage a portfolio of accounts.
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, commission package, car and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
*Due to the high volume that these roles attract if you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion. We do however, thank you for your interest.