Are you an experienced Sales Director or National Account Controller, Head of Sales with retail Grocery experience, who has a passion to lead a commercial team focusing on world foods? This outstanding opportunity is based in East London with an established FMCG Food and Drink company who are category leading within world foods. This brilliant company has a strong heritage with over 50 years in business and a turnover of £70m, this growing business is both a brand distributor and has a number of its own brands.
The Company enjoys a very strong relationship with the Wholesale and Independent trade and has helped shape a number of diverse, competitive, NPD-driven categories in the face of fierce branded opposition.
The culture is friendly and professional and there is a genuine commitment to ensure that everyone feels part of a wider family and enjoys the role they play.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial savvy Sales Director with solid Grocery experience within World Foods to join an expanding business as a Board Director. Working in partnership with the senior management team, this position will involve leading, mentoring and managing an established sales force. You will have a proven success track-record in managing major multiple accounts in a branded and/or own label environment.
The role requires the successful candidate to possess strong and effective negotiation skills backed up with a solid grasp of Category Management principles. You will be commercially astute, someone who has developed excellent relationships at a senior level with the UK major multiples and a natural team leader proficient at driving growth whilst maintaining gross and net profits.
You will be a self-motivated, resilient and ambitious individual looking for your next opportunity to showcase your worth.
You will have developed a solid background in National Account Management with cross functional experience to ensure that all opportunities are identified and maximised, having worked with a blue-chip multinational company in your career. You must be able to demonstrate your expertise in account management, category management, organisation and joint business planning together with brand building in order to be considered for the role.
Salary up to £100,000 plus car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare and excellent benefits
- As a member of the Board you will lead the creative thought processes on formulating and implementing a strategic plan within set budgets and return on investment.
- You will be responsible for team/staff management.
- To augment and strengthen the team by building relationships that maximise business growth and opportunities.
- You will have the gravitas, experience and influencing skills to drive the strategic vision for product launches and best in class launches.
- You will be tasked with the leadership and delivery of the Distribution, Promotional, Visibility, Pricing, ranging Strategies/Objectives that will deliver market share objectives.
- You will be responsible for promoting long term customer relationships to ensure the highest levels of customer service and partnership to strengthen repeat business.
- To create, negotiate and implement JBP’s to achieve the company’s market share and profit goals, managing the unit’s P&L to drive growth in net sales, trade and promotional spend, marketing and profit.
- You will work closely with the marketing team to help formulate brand strategies that drive continued growth to the brand.
- To agree and manage the annual budgeting process for sales.
- To play a proactive role in developing trade marketing tactics and to have input into consumer marketing for the brands.
- The ability to provide on-going assessment, analysis and recommendation for marketing expenditure versus budget.
For immediate consideration please send your CV to Nikita.Pottinger@advocate-group.co.uk or call 0161 639 0080 for immediate consideration.